1. Engage: create an activity that engages the child, ideally an experience from real life.
2. Explore: create opportunities for exploring the idea viz. let them use different cricket bats of different weights on the field.
3. Explain: explain the phenomenon observed by giving it a name e.g. what they saw was indeed Newton’s second law of motion at work.
4. Expand: help create connections to more complex ideas and thoughts on the subject.
5. Evaluate: test and assess the students’ understanding to know whether they have actually been able to breakdown, digest and understand what was learnt.