Teachers need to facilitate their own inner process so that they can better be present with their students. They maintain a learning longing orientation to life and remain open to new ideas and input. They are committed to their own self-care to maintain the high energy and awareness required of a facilitative leader, and as a model for students.
1. Be Real. If you're not being real, then you're not being yourself; and you compromise your integrity.
2. See the Façade. Clean your own house so that you can see the dust in another's.
3. Be Here Now. The present moment contains all the resources you need.
4. Practice Emotional Mastery. Manage your internal world--quickly recover from emotional imbalance.
5. Care and Feeding of the Master Facilitator. Care and prepare yourself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually to maintain peak performance.
6. Celebrate. Celebrate successes, challenges, wins and losses, friends, colleagues, children and bosses.
7. Time Doesn't Get Stuck, Have You? Stay in the flow of time to regenerate your reality every moment.
8. Why Are You a TEACHER? Knowing the true motivation behind your desire to teach will strengthen and clarify your conviction and your effectiveness.
9. Down But Not Out in DC. Prepare for contingencies, people are depending on you.
10. Facilitating Creative Genius. Learn to facilitate this genius by encouraging your students to say that magical, powerful, empowering 4-letter word when they get stuck or fail..."NEXT!"
11. Embrace the Plateau. Positive efforts to improve student learning do not always yield immediate observable results. This is called patience.
Read, Lean & Flourish!
For your Success and Glory!